Is your carpet stained? Is it old? Does it smell? Are you tired of paying for carpet cleaning service? If you're wondering if it is time to replace your carpet, here are six signs it's time to find new flooring.
1. Spots and stains. If your carpet is stained, spotty, or stains are not coming up with steam cleaning or spot treatment, it's time to consider replacing your carpet. Pet stains can be especially hard to remove and urine and feces can leak down through the carpet into the padding and concrete below. Urine and feces not only cause odors, but also mold, and mildew to develop. Over time, these things can lead to serious health hazards.
2. Tears. If your carpet is torn and frayed, we're afraid the best solution is to simply replace your carpet. This is because it is very hard to repair damaged carpet or find a match for it, especially a years after installation. You may also find that if you choose the repair route, the job only lasts a few years.
3. General wear and tear. Carpet in high traffic areas such as your hallways and stairs is going to wear out faster than carpet in other rooms. Wear on carpet includes staining from dirt being tracked in and matting when of fibers. Some carpets are more resilient to wear, but all carpet has a limit to how well it will hold up to regular use.
4. You are sneezing more often. If you're sneezing more frequently or experiencing more allergy symptoms, it is time to replace your carpeting. Carpets trap hair, dander, dust, and other allergens, causing your sinuses to suffer.
5. Your carpet is lumpy or bumpy. Lumps and bumps in your carpet are a sign that the carpet padding is breaking down and it is time for a replacement.
6. It's just old. Shag and even some kinds of Berber carpeting can date your home. If you want to update your look, change your flooring. Carpet is not your only option - other available and trending flooring materials include tile, tile-look wood, hand-scraped wood, and even luxury vinyl.
Is your carpet saying it’s time to be replaced? Call Chipman Contract at 972-841-5082 to discuss your new flooring needs.