Are you looking for a trustworthy and professional contractor to handle your home remodel, repair, or renovation? Chipman Contracting offers you some tips to consider when finding someone responsible and reliable to work on your home.
- Look for a license. When searching for a contractor or any other professional to work in your home, the first step you should take is to find out if they are licensed. Licensed professionals have met state and local requirements for education in their field of expertise, which gives you peace of mind that the work they will perform in your home will be high quality.
- Check for insurance, while you’re at it. It is important to use contractors that have insurance. Most states and many municipalities require that contractors carry insurance. This will protect both you and your contractor if damage occurs.
- Ask for references. Be sure to ask any potential provider for reference contacts, and be sure to follow up with those references to see if your contractor provided quality work and the customer was satisfied.
- Ask around. When looking for a contractor, you should use someone you know you can trust. In many cases, your friends, family, and neighbors likely have a preferred professional in mind.
- Check for ratings or complaints. Do your research and check reviews of the contractor on local business pages, sites like Angie’s List, or with the industries state professional licensing organizations. Also check with your local municipality for any information they may have about your provider.
- Permit Pros. In some cases of remodeling, permits must be pulled. Responsible and knowledgeable professionals understand the permitting process and will handle those details accordingly.
Are you looking for a reliable and trustworthy contractor? Look no further than Chipman Contracting. We are your first stop for full service remodeling and renovations, and would love to talk to you about how we can help update or renovate your home. Call us today at 972.841.5082.